Sunday, April 19, 2009

Five Happy Years


Fred and I just celebrated five years of marriage on April17th. We are both in very happy places together and in our own lives. We love our new house and town. He really enjoys his work and I love the friends I have made and the activities I share with the kids. This happiness made our five year anniversary really special. At this point we can reflect on the journey that got us here and also get excited about the future ahead. We are especially excited about welcoming our third baby!

In the evening he gave me red roses and chocolates. We had our neighbor babysit and went to a delicious and beautiful restaurant called Rat's. We started at the bar with some Prosecco (I had a sip to celebrate). Also, the food was really amazing. I enjoyed the best scallops I have ever had. Some people have asked about the name and here is a quote from the web site:

The Name

Why the name Rat`s? In Kenneth Grahame's classic, The Wind In The Willows, one of J. Seward Johnson, Jr.'s favorite books, the character Ratty represented everything a host should be. As founder of Rat's and Grounds For Sculpture, Johnson likens himself to Ratty who threw the best parties with the best wine. Likewise, the two share delightful imaginations and far-reaching dreams.


A wonderful dinner and date with my best friend. I look forward to many more years together.

2 Comments:

At April 20, 2009 at 10:51 PM , Blogger ange said...

happy anniversary, mr. and mme. gicquel! has it really been five years since that day? it can't be! at the same time, though, it feels like a lifetime ago.

anyway, happy 5th!!!

 
At May 20, 2010 at 1:25 PM , Blogger Nona Walton said...

Little Katie Howell sure has grown up into a gorgeous young woman! I am sure you remember me...I live on Midway Blvd and used to babysit you, Jessica, and Betsy. Brian turns 30 next month and has a wonderful girlfriend. He lives and works in San Francisco. Dan is 27, getting married Oct 13 and farms in Lawrence, Kansas. Are those photos of your home in New Jersey? It's beautiful. I'm at work so gotta get offline now. I'd love to hear from you and your sisters. Nona Walton

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home